Bay Meadow Farm offers private, semi-private and small group lessons to beginners through advanced levels in various styles of riding including Hunter, Equitation, Eventing, English and Western Pleasure. Students of all ages learn how to perfect their riding skills along with all aspects of horse care in a positive, educational, and fun atmosphere.
We have a great track record preparing college bound students who want to make the IHSA team.
Ride one of our well mannered school horses or your own horse. A discounted lesson rate is offered to individuals who board with us. Trailer-ins welcome.
- Quarter (Fall/ Winter/ Spring/ Summer) $425 or $155 a month
- Single group lesson: $45
- 1/2 hour private: $45
- 1 hour private $60
- Boarder lesson package of 4, using your own horse, to be used in a month: $100 month
We strongly recommend that students participate in our lesson package so that they can consistently advance their riding skills.
- Group lessons last for 45 minutes to an hour
- Please come early so that you have time to tack up you horse so that you are ready to ride at the start of the lesson time.
- If the the weather is uncooperative students will have an educational lesson in the barn, learning about proper horse care, horsemanship, show prep, and other important topics. If Harford County school are closed due to the weather, lessons are cancelled as well.
- We understand that unexpected events come up and you may not be able to attend. We require 24 hours notice if you are canceling your lesson in order to receive a makeup. If less than 24 hours notice is given you will be charged for the lesson and will not receive a make up.
Beginner camp: June 20-24 and July 25-29th. We will be having summer camp for children 5 and up. Camp will be from 9-4 Monday to Friday. Campers will take daily lessons, learn about horsemanship, horse care, make crafts, visit the chickens and goats, and horse around. : ) A snack is provided but please pack a lunch and plenty of water. Come dressed to ride in long pants and shoes (boots) with a heel, bring a change of clothes (shorts, tennis shoes) and a swim suit in case its hot. To hold your spot $50 nonrefundable deposit and registration is due by June 1 for the June camp and June 15 for the July camp. The camp is $325 for the week. Contact Jen for any questions and forms. We can’t wait!
Horse show camp: August 8-12 We will be having a horse show camp for intermediate riders and up. On the 12th we will be attending a real event, at Olde Hope. During the week students will practice dressage, show jumping, cross country, horse show prep, accessing movement, jumping techniques, and learn about methods to maintain the sound equine athlete (conditioning work, medications, wrapping, creating training plans etc) The cost is $400 for the week which includes coaching, use of school horse, and transportation to Olde Hope, along with a daily riding lesson, lectures, snacks and crafts. A $50 non-refundable deposit is due by June 15th. The entry for Olde Hope is not included. There is limited stabling for trailer ins. Contact Jen for details or questions.
The farm offers a program for children who are 7 and under to come to the farm and experience horses along with the other critters we have. This group session last for 2 hours and is $30. The time is spent:
- Learning about the horse topic of the month
- Grooming the horse
- Going for a short ride
- Visiting our other farm animals: feeding Dixie and Petticoat the goats, feeding chickens and checking for eggs in the chicken coop
We also can host events for birthdays, scouts, and school trips! Contact us for more details!
Leasing & Practice Rides
Want to ride more outside of lessons without owning a horse? Bay Meadow Farm LLC offers full and half lease options on all of our well trained horses. Practice rides are also available.
Half Lease: includes 2 practice rides and 1 lesson per week – $320 per month
Full Lease: Includes unlimited riding and 1 lesson per week – $510 per month
Practice Ride – $25 per ride